Shop & Share Is Officially Back
We are so excited to be able to return to the traditions of Shop & Share! For the 14th year, Shop & Share will offer students and families the opportunity to support our Forest Hills schools students during the holidays and throughout the year. This project has fulfilled holiday needs and wishes for more than 11,000 Forest Hills students and families and those served by local organizations that support the Anderson and Village of Newtown communities, such as InterParish Ministry and Jack’s Closet (Clough Church). While the project may look different at each school, it is an incredible opportunity for every student and family to be involved in efforts to support those where we live, learn, work, and play! Our schools and community have never failed when we have asked to join our efforts in giving students what they need to be successful in a variety of ways and we are grateful to be doing that work with you again this year.
Here's how you can make an impact:
Here's how you can make an impact:
- Request a wish list and shop on your own. This is a great way for High School students and families to get involved. Our 9United high school leaders will be volunteering throughout the course of this project and are encouraged to invite friends to do so as well. Click here to request a list.
- Donate online we’ll use it to shop fulfill student and family wish lists and short term needs for Forest Hills schools students and families all year. Your tax-deductible contribution can be made here.
- Monday, Nov 15th, Coin Wars/Clash of the Quarters collections will begin at our elementary schools and Nagel. School collections are the primary source of funding for our Community Shopping Night at Target. Collection days will be Nov 15-19 or Nov 15-23; check your school’s newsletter for details. Pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, or more...get creative and brainstorm with your child ways to “raise” money, then share their “how” on the banner or bulletin board at school or our social media pages. There are no “winners” for the most money raised; the “win” is defined by how many will benefit from the work we complete together as a community - goodness is its own reward!
- Wednesday, Dec 1st (4-7 p.m.), join us for our Community Shopping Night! Students and their families are invited to give their time at Target (Beechmont Avenue) when we will use the bucket filled during school coin drives and your generosity to help fulfill the needs and wishes of Forest Hills students and local organizations whose work supports the Anderson Township and Village of Newtown communities. It’s an amazing evening of fun, community and generosity - we hope you can join us! (Please note: Elementary and Nagel students must be accompanied by an adult.)
Since 2008, Shop & Share has not only offered students and families an opportunity to support Forest Hills students during the holidays, it also provides sustainability of our efforts to support students all year and our student-led service initiatives.
- "Normalizing" Grants: School requested grants to support a student(s) & families in Forest Hills schools with a short-term, immediate need. From basic food and hygiene needs to assistance with funds to take part in school plays, sports and other extra curricular activities to help after a job loss, illness or fire, the grants help to "normalize" a student's school experience.
- Bottlecaps to Benches: Our community has turned more than 10,000 lbs of plastic/caps and lids into almost 40 tables and benches for our schools, parks and community.
- Chalk the Walks: A night before the 1st day of school tradition of decorating the sidewalks at all Forest Hills schools and district buildings to welcome a new school year.
- Birthday Bundles: Not everyone has the means to celebrate their special day with cake - this project
- iServe: A dedicated time in February to be intentional about taking care of ourselves and serving our friends, school, families and community.